Saturday, June 6, 2009

My first fishing trip

So Braden had a day off of work on Thursday so we decided to go up to a lake by Malta and go fishing!  I've only been fishing twice in my life, but neither was the real line in the water experience... once in Belize and once fly fishing with Steph and JT.  So, I was all excited to catch my first Idaho fish...
Braden had to show me how it was done, so on his first cast, he pulled in this 18" trout!!!  It was so fun!  It took up the whole length of our cooler!!!
Then a little while after, I caught myself one!  Mine's wasn't as big, but hey, a fish is a fish!!!  My biggest was about 16"... which is pretty awesome in my own personal opinion! :)
All in all we caught 8 and kept 4.  We cooked them up when we got home... let me just tell you... that was some of the BEST fish I've ever had in my life!!!!  I love fishing! 

2 comments:

  1. This makes me want to try fishing again. It's been 30 years or so, ewh that is dating my age a bit. haha
    You guys are so cute!

    ReplyDelete